From: Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
To: "documentation@global.libreoffice.org"
<documentation@global.libreoffice.org>
Cc: "timo...@lungstrom.com" <timo...@lungstrom.com>
Sent: Fri, 29 July, 2011 12:13:56
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Fw: More Documentation online

As the person who usually uploads new and changed user guide chapters and
books to the wiki, I am happy to email Tim and Drew at the time. I don't
know a way to automate this.

I agree about putting a date by the files on the wiki. In fact, I was
thinking about this just yesterday. I've been doing that for the OOo files
for years. I'll fix up the page within the next few days, if I don't forget.

Jean

On Friday, July 29, 2011, Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi :)
> The North American community produce a LibreOffice Dvd which includes
> documentation but they are having trouble keeping up.
>
> Could we automate it so that when something gets uploaded to the wiki we
either
> 1. notify Tim & Drew perhaps by email
> or
> 2. upload the doc to their website (mirror??)
> or
> 3. show the date that each document was last uploaded to the wiki?
>
> Those are the 3 options i could think of.  There might be a better way of
doing
> this.  Drew is desperately busy organising an event this weekend & Tim's
answers
> tend to be even more verbose than mine!
> Regards from
> Tom :)

Writer's
> guides, they will update it from time to time?  I am not on     the
> documentation lists, but I do want to make sure all my copies     are the
most
> up-to-date.  Should I just download them every few     months, of is there
a way
> I can be notified when the updates are     available?
>

> On 07/28/2011 11:59 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
>
>>Hi :)
>>Would it be easier in the future to just link to the existing
pages
>>and perhaps mirror the documentation?
>>http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation
>>http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
>>The documentation is likely to get updated quite a bit and           added
to.
>>Having them separately stored on separate sites           means
fragmentation is
>>going to be a big problem later.
>>

>><snip />
>>
>>Regards from