Hi Jean,

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This doesn't work the way I would like. If I sort by "mimetype" all
> the PDFs get put before all the ODTs, but the PDFs are no longer in
> chapter order (nor are the ODTs). That is not acceptable. Is it
> possible to add a second sort criterion (filename)?

At the moment, AFAIK, it's not currently possible within Alfresco
Share (http://alfresco.libreoffice.org), which only offers the same
sorting capabilities as in most desktop operating systems, such as
Windows Explorer and Gnome's Nautilus, in which you get a single level
of sorting rather than multiple-criterion sorting.

In the CMIS browser at http://media.libreoffice.org:8081/, it would be
easier to implement multiple-criterion sorting.

> Also, it looks to me as if the default sorting is by filename and that
> individual users can sort as they choose (if they know how). If this
> is true, then anything I might do to reorganise the list would not be
> visible to visitors to the site. Is this correct?

That is correct, every user defines their own sorting criterion. It
*may* be possible to configure this on a site-wide basis, but I'm not
sure ATM.

--
David Nelson