Thanks for the heads up John.

 Must remember to look at the whole screen not just the bit in front of me.
----- Original Message -----
From: John Smith
Sent: 02/04/13 04:06 AM
To: documentation@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-documentation] Draft LO 4.0 Chapter 4 - Getting
started with Writer

 Hi Tim The thing I usually do is select the file and then in the "Actions"
menu item, select "Check out". This locks the file, creates another copy in the
folder, and you take away a copy to work on. Have 'Record changes' enabled when
you open the document on your system to work on it, change what you think needs
changing, or make suggestions, leaving comments (Ctrl+Alt+C) giving your
reasons. Save the file on your system and change the filename by adding an
underscore, your initials, an underscore and alter the date. So
<Title>_JAS_TL_01Feb13. The date I do this way because I hate those long
strings of numbers which are messy and differ country to country. When you're
done, go back to ODF, select the checked out copy in the folder and then in the
"Actions" menu, select "Check in". Go to the "Feedback" folder, select 'Add
new' and 'File' and upload your commented file. Once it's uploaded, go to the
Draft LO 4.0 folder and delete the file from there. Inform the list you've
uploaded a particular file. This may not be 'by the book' but it's what I've