Hello Jean-Francois

Being someone who is versed in publishing and printing, point sizes are much more dominant and maybe old fashioned. It was points and picas when I started publishing which comes from when type was set by hand or using a mechanical Lino type machine.

Percentages are a modern interpretation of points and picas and I can see why they could be good to use. However,there are still a good few of us old fogies around who still work in points and picas. Also, the first good publishing software worked in picas and points as default and that was Ventura back in the 1980s. Ventura was the first publishing program I used.

At least we have solution, which I hope gets into the Writer guide as a tip.

Regards

PeterS