Hello Lionel,

> (Moving discussion to documentation team ML. Please keep me in CC, I'm
> not subscribed / I don't read that ML "often".)
>
> So, I managed to update the built-in help for my new feature. Now, for
> the Base Handbook chapter 4: forms.
>
> Here are the needed changes, all in section Form properties /
> properties of controls / List box:
>
>  - page 23, everywhere that the property "BoundField" is referred to:
>    I added (for LibreOffice 4.1) the possibility to set that property
>    to -1 to get (in the database field "Data field") the *index* of
>    the selected entry (or entries) in the list instead of anything
>    from the table/query/... as appropriate.
>
> That's it!

I will change this in the new Base-Handbook. The English version of the
Base-Handbook is edited for LO 3.6. The new German version is edited for
LO 4.0. The english version isn't published yet.

In the handbook we should only write about features, that exist. So let
us explain every new feature of LO 4.1 ind the next version of the handbook.

I haven't followed the whole discussion. As I understood first (QA-list)
it is planned to change the macro code to get the bounded value of a
listbox, not only the current (displayed) value. Why do you want to
change the property of this field to -1?

Regards

Robert