Dan,

I've got a bit lost in the various "Getting Started with Base" files
you have been producing lately. Please help me sort this out so I'm
sure I've got it right.

This file's title page says it is Chapter 1 of the Base Guide. An
earlier version showed it as being in the Getting Started Guide but
was essentially the same file. If this one is in fact for the Base
Guide, I suggest we rename it "Introducing Base" or something similar,
to minimize the confusion. Would also help to use the file
naming/numbering system to make it clear to all which file is intended
for which book.

If this is for the Base Guide, does that mean that I was mistaken
about the earlier version being for the Getting Started guide? Are you
planning to produce a replacement chapter (as I recall you mentioning
earlier this year), or do you want to keep the existing one, just
updated?

--Jean