The term "Migration Guide" seems to be used around the project to
refer to two types of documents. One is more a marketing document
providing guidance for people and companies considering changing from
Microsoft Office to LibreOffice. The other is more of a user guide
intended to help people who have been using MSO and need to learn how
to use LO. The latter is the guide that is mentioned in the Docs wiki.
It probably needs a different name to distinguish it from the
marketing document. It is, in a way, a followup to the marketing
document, but aimed very much at people actually using LO. They often
think "Oh, I can't do X with LO" when in fact they can but they
haven't discovered the different ways that LO does some things and the
different terminology used in a few places.

Back in OpenOffice 2.x days, we had such a document. Its contents list
could be improved upon, but the general concept I think is an
important one to help people make the transition. It needs to be
written by someone or several people who are familiar with current or
recent versions of MSO from a user's point of view, the terminology
used, and the placement of menus and toolbars for doing common tasks.

You can find the OOo book here:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Migration_Guide

David, I really encourage you to pursue this, though I understand that
you might want to start with something less ambitious.

Regards, Jean