Our biggest ongoing requirement is for people to update the user
guides to keep up with changes in the software, but there are many
other smaller writing projects that need doing. Updating includes
researching, writing, reviewing (mostly checking against the software
to ensure that instructions are correct and up to date), and editing.

Smaller writing projects include the FAQs and short pieces for the
Docs blog, but there are other possibilities as well. I recommend
looking around the Docs wiki to get an idea of what we have and what's
on the wish list. You might have some good ideas for things to fill in
the gaps, expand upon a topic area, reach out to a new audience...

--Jean