On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Robert Marshall
<rober...@hockeyhockeyhockey.com> wrote:
> What do other open source foundations use for their front cover
> artwork?

good question

> Or is this a brand new change to the requirements?

There are various licensing-related discussions available online, for example:
https://kdp.amazon.com/community/message.jspa?messageID=597677

> The actual license for LIbreOffice says "Copyright © 2007 Free
> Software Foundation, Inc."

Where are you seeing that copyright message?

Our licensing page provides the text of the LGPLv3 license:
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/license/

The FSF does hold copyright on the *text* of the LGPLv3 license, but
not (necessarily) on anything created and placed under the LGPL.

Cheers,
--R