Not sure about your question. Do you mean starting from a command
line? If so, which platform?

Usually, on any platform, it's started in the graphical user
interface, and the many ways to do that are described in Chapter 1 of
the Getting Started book, if they are not in Chapter 1 of the Writer
Guide.

--Jean