PeeWee wrote:
> Hello
>
> The link below is an SVG file of the Math Guide front cover opened in Draw.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/urcyejp28cii9dx/Front_V42_opened_in_LO.odg?dl=0
>
> As you can see, it is a bit of a disaster and the conclusion is to me that
> Draw cannot open an SVG file correctly. If there is a method of getting an
> SVG file into Draw and display correctly, then please tell me. Also, when
> you try to insert an SVG into a Draw document you get the message that the
> file cannot be loaded.
>
> If somebody could send me the individual graphics and which font type and
> sizes to use, I would like to create front and rear covers using Draw.
> Remember that the front and rear covers are full page and scaling should not
> be a problem.
>
> Exporting a graphic from Draw into SVG creates a graphic with layers and no
> groups.
>
> Regards
>
> PeterS

It has always puzzled me why we use SVG to create our cover artwork. Not
that there is anything wrong with SVG per se, but one of our main
principles is to promote the use of ODF, so we should be prepared to
"eat our own dog food" and use Draw.

With this in mind, I have created and uploaded "User Guide Covers (Short
Form).odg" to ODFAuthors:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/resources-for-contributers/proposal-for-guide-covers-in-draw-format/view

This (Short Form ~800Kb) is an adaptation of my original file (~2.5Mb)
which included front & back covers + some other possibly useful bits &
pieces. The uploaded file contains 6 slides:
1. A basic front cover.
2. A possible Getting Started front cover.
3. A possible Writer Guide cover.
4. Large module icons in PNG format. (These are probably unnecessary,
since we already have PNG artwork for them, but mine are sized to
provide good resolution on an A4/Letter page.)
5. Header & footer backgrounds with the RGB colors used in previous guides.
6. A basic back cover, using the Getting Started guide as a template.

Even though our design guidelines suggest using the "Vegur" font, I have
used "Liberation Sans" to be in keeping with the standard font used in
the guides.

With the exception of the Header & footer backgrounds, in slide 5, the
slides are not fully converted to Draw objects. There are still some
parts in SVG and PNG. If there is sufficient interest in using Draw for
our user guides cover artwork, I am prepared to spend the time and
effort to convert/recreate all the slide components to Draw objects.

The file made available under the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. It is not a finished or
necessarily an accurate work, but is offered as a starting point for
anyone who chooses to adapt or make use of it.

Dave