On 06/28/2015 03:33 AM, David Allen wrote:

> “* Excluding people whose legal residence is in a jurisdiction that
> prohibits them to do these tasks, unless they are being paid to do so.”
> What does that mean?

>Someone somewhere in the world would be legally prohibited from
volunteering?

In a nutshell, individuals can volunteer, but the organization has to
pay them. Being a registered charity (British Commonwealth), or
501(c)(3) (United States) does not live the organization of the
requirement to pay those who would do the tasks voluntarily, and without
pay.  Most of this legislation was passed during, and shortly after the
dot-bomb experience. Consequently, Tech orientated companies tend to get
special scrutiny by the Labour Board.

> the case, that's not our concern or responsibility. It would be the
> volunteers. We can't police that.

Thing is, in most jurisdictions with such legislation, anybody can file
the complaint. The onus is on the organization, not the volunteer.

> found info on Assistive Tech in the following locations. (I know many (most

> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Accessibility
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/accessibility/
> https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Assistive_Tools_in
> https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Accessibility_in
> https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Shortcuts_Accessibility
> https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Accessibility

Also the mailing lists. Both the one specifically for a11y issues, and
the l10n projects. Maybe also the user list.

I don't remember which project had A11Y How-Tos in bugzilla.

> Not only is tech information scattered, but even information about writers
> and writing is scattered. It makes it hard to keep track and focus. At least
> for me.

I suspect that the same is true for all of the projects within LibO.
The information is out there, but because it scattered in umpteen
different places, few people manage to track it.

jonathon