Hi Lera

On 19/08/2015 17:09, Lera wrote:
> Hi Sophie,
>
>> you can find explanation to download the extension here:
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Help
>> and some information to use it here:
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/HelpContent
>
> I have begun to see into the explanation
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/HelpContent and have faced some
> difficulties. This explanation is not full.

Right. Time is short for us to write a better documentation

I was able to understand  where
> xmlhelptemplate.ott file is located in fact. But I had no idea where I am
> supposed to find maintransform.xml and allfiles.tree files.

If, as indicated,  you get the extension from
http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/helpauthoring/

Then all you need is to install the extension and all filters and
templates will be at hand. You will get a new menu entry on the main
menu bar.

But as we aleady know, the extension has some glitches that requires an
inspection in the xml.

> I know that these files are not required. But as far as I understand, it
> should
> make the work with help files easier.
> Could you explain this issue to me, please?
> Is there any possibility compile only help files without compiling the whole
> program in order to check how they would look like in the end ?

If you have your build working with the Helpcontent, all you need is to
issue the command make in the helpcontent2/ folder

once finished,  you just invoke soffice from instdir/program anf press F1.

> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Lera

I know I am

- --
Olivier Hallot
Founding Member,The Document Foundation
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 - Berlin, Germany
+55-21-9-8822-8812