Tom (and others),

I'm not sure that "allow to" is such an enormous problem with the help
files. There are only 8 help files which use "allow to" or "allows to", and
only one of them has more than one occurrence, so manual change is easily
possible - no automation needed.

A far larger problem is the API documentation where the problem is
widespread. Clicking at random I found
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/bridge/Bridge.html
at the first attempt! And I can't think of a way in which "allows to
initialize" could be changed to "initializes" automatically.

As to whether "you" should be allowed in a help file, I have no deep
feelings - this appears to be contentious, but is used a lot in some files.
As there is a human being using the help file, I see no harm in referring to
them as "you". As it happens "allows you to" also occurs in at least one
help file. But I do not think that "you" has a place in API documentation -
there is no human being involved in calling a method or using an interface
(or is it the programmer?).

-----
Peter