Hi Peter,

Sorry I didn't follow the all thread (difficult to read and get its
context, also)
Le 31/03/2016 11:32, ptoye a écrit :
> TomD,
>
> Thanks for all of this. I must say that is was a bit disheartening to
> be first welcomed into the community and then left dangling for 3
> months. Especially as now the days are getting longer I don't have
> the dark evenings to work at it. And I'm also in the throes of buying
> a house, which will take up quite a bit of time. So I may not be able
> to get things done may not move as quickly as I would have in
> December.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get feedback on our side, I'm sure Olivier
will be able to help you for now on, and great that you're still there :)

> I agree with you about the problems of  non-native English speakers.
> As English is the common language of computing most people in the
> field have a good grasp of the language. But written technical
> English is very different from spoken or emailed English, and I
> suspect that inaccurate teaching doesn't help. In short, what's
> needed is an editing process whereby a native speaker can remove
> issues before they're published. If only.....

Are you talking about the guides or the help?

> [Short digression - if you look at the manuals which come with some
> East Asian equipment, LO documentation comes over as a model of
> clarity and accuracy. One such document tells me that using the
> equipment may be fatal. It's for a TV set and the programmes aren't
> usually that bad.]
>
> Oh well, now I've got that off my chest, I can start looking at the
> workflow for modifying the texts. I gather that I have to learn git
> and gerrit first :(

You don't need to learn git or gerrit to contribute to the
documentation, it's only if you want to, but this is absolutely not
needed. What would be your preferred area to contribute?
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier sophie.gaut...@documentfoundation.org