On 19/04/2016 15:39, Roger wrote:

>decided that best way to learn how to use LibreOffice is by writing a manual
>for Writer (complex projects)

Are you married to the idea of writing documentation for Writer?
If not, I'd recommend writing documentation for Draw, Impress, Base,
Math, or Calc.

> a) A manual which covers "how to" of ALL the facilities in Writer (and
> actually uses as many of them as possible)

All?
Depending upon how LibO is configured, functionalities, and facilities
appear and disappear. This applies even if no additional extensions are
installed.

> 2 This will be a non-trivial document and I would welcome more knowledgeable
> input given my own weakness in this area.

I wonder if you realize just how huge a task it is, to document all of
the functionality in even one component.

jonathon