For several years, I've been thinking about making some organisational
changes to the Writer Guide, to better serve users.

First, I intend to move Chapter 10 (Templates) to be Chapter 8, just
after the two chapters on styles. The current Chapter 8 (Images) and
Chapter 9 (Tables) will become Chapters 9 and 10, respectively.

Second, I think that at 475 pages and growing, the Writer Guide is too
long and intimidating. I propose to split it into two parts (volumes),
which I'm calling "Essentials" (Chapter 1 through the new Chapter 9)
and "Extras" (Chapters 10 through 16 and the current Appendix A). Each
part would be approximately 250-290 pages.

Third, I am considering splitting the somewhat long Chapter 3 (Working
with Text) and Chapter 4 (Formatting Pages) into two chapters each,
similar to the two chapters on styles. One chapter in each would be
called "Basics" and the second "Advanced" (or similar terms).

Fourth, I am considering moving the current Chapter 2 (Setting Up
Writer) to be an Appendix of Volume 1.