On 25.09.2017 13:56, K-J LibreOffice wrote:
> Hi Dave,
> Am 17.09.2017 um 14:54 schrieb Dave:
>> On 17.09.2017 12:50, K-J LibreOffice wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>
>> Hi K-J, Good to see another proposal.
>>
>>> starting with Dave's odg I made my own proposal [1] based on the cover
>>> for Libo 5 docu.
>>
>> I don't know how the strange squared application icons got into the GS5
>> cover, but I propose we stick to the official icons from the LO6 dev
>> start center:
>> http://www.tasit.net/files/LO6_App_Icons.png
>
> The "strange" squared application icons are taken from the Breeze icon
> set (new in LibO 5). They are official icons, too.
> It was a decision of the visual identity part of the desgin team last
> time to use it for the cover. And all around voted for a +1.The same
> icon set was used in LibO-cenference presentation template in Brno.

Hi K-J,

At least under Windows the Daily Alpha build [1] the Start Center module
icons are not Breeze. The screen capture [1] is taken from a virgin
installation (ie. no previous install or existing profile) on a Win 7
box that has never had LO (any version) installed.

So it was chosen as something to be used at Brno, that does not make it
official in any way. After Oracle gave away the OOo identity, we worked
hard to establish a LO identity (logos, icons, colors, etc.) and making
changes, just for the sake of change, does nothing to help retain the
identity we now have.

</Opinion> The Breeze icon set is very ugly and although this is the
(modern?) yuppy Windows 2 block look, I would not wish to see this
inflicted upon our users without offering them a clear choice at the
time of installation. <Opinion/>

In any case the Documentation Team is free to use whichever form of the
official icon sets they wish.

Dave

[1] http://tasit.net/files/LO6_Capture.png