I have been reviewing the Writer chapter, Chapter 4 of the Getting Started Guide, and have a suggestion.

For me, two of the more confusing issues with LibreOffice (and judging from the forums, others as well) has been understanding how styles work together—especially paragraph and character styles—and how to clear formatting.

Common problems are understanding what causes text to be formatted as it is and how to change it to what is wanted.

Information related to these issues is in various places but can be missed. I would like to suggest that there be a section toward the beginning of the style section that explains the overall logic of styles as well as strategies for removing style-based formatting and direct formatting.

I would like to look at Chapter 3, the chapter that presumably introduces styles, to see if such a section has been added, but I don’t see that chapter.

If the kind of section I am suggesting is not already available, I could try to write a draft. However, I am not sure if I completely understand it yet, so could use some help. Also, I think some good graphics would help.

Are others interested in this?