Your assumptions are incorrect.

On 26.02.2018 08:10, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> So, this will remain a bug.

No. It is intentional, NOT a bug.

> There are places in the guide where there are two screenshots under the
> same number.

No. There is ONE number (22) associated ONE screenshot (22a). The second
non-linked screenshot (22b) is positioned immediately adjacent to the
first and will remain so as any changes are made to the chapter, or full
book merges are performed. My understanding is that the original author
of the previous edition wanted to have a good quality (not resized to an
unreadable degree) screen shot of the same subject and chose to provide
two captures immediately adjacent to each other.

> Putting this chapter into one book will cause this number not to
> automatically update, because it is not autonumbered.

No. Please look again at the document and my previous statements

>  So will that warning
> be written somewhere for the maker of the full guide?

Not necessary. The person who will merge the chapters into the full
guide follows this list and is now fully informed of your thoughts on
this matter.

> Lp, m.

If this is of concern and you still consider it to be a bug, I suggest
you retract the document from ODF Authors, make the corrections you
consider necessary and resubmit your revised document for publication.

Dave
PS. Please note the @noreply tag at the end of my messages.