Right, so here some bad examples probably.
For one thing the shots are using Linux ;)

Anyway, these are intended as infographic as opposed to placed on a page in
a Guide, though I did use 300 dpi images.

Both jpeg files below are from LO Writer first one and Draw the second.

Here a graphic (the blue arrow) and a text box used to annotate each of the
screen shots, from outside the image or group of images.
Changing Face Of LibreOffice Calc
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/9DZt4tZMMQ3HFNt

In this one annotation is overlaid on the screen shot image.
Tabbed Notebook Bar Menus
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/taZ8pniaJPRG58f

Anyway, think of this as an ice breaker for the conversation.