Mostly we haven’t kept source files for images other than in the chapters
where they’re used, except for some that are labelled - and those not
consistently. We should do more, especially if the originals are ODG, SVG,
etc. Yes, they should go in an Images folder for the book version. Same
name, different extension, where relevant.

The Contributors Guide needs a lot of updating. Images - creation,
insertion, anchoring, storage, etc - are among the many topics that are out
of date. (Updates are being done on the wiki first; feel free - indeed,
encouraged - to contribute.

Jean