Hello, I am doing a secondary review as my first time doing anything with
you guys. This is actually my first time every participating in an open
source project whatsoever.

I am a high school science and math teacher, who uses spreadsheets a LOT,
which is what makes me want to be involved in the Calc documentation.

After downloading, changing the filename, turning on Track Changes: Record,
as per Steve Fanning's instructions, I think I am on the right track so far.

a) I have Track Changes: Record turned on (I think), which I did by Edit >
Track Changes > Record (or by Ctrl+Shift+C):
[image: image.png]

I think I confirmed this by checking File > Properties > Security > Record
Changes

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

b) I also got my name to show in my comments, by going to Tools > Options:
[image: image.png]

And then LibreOffice > User Data:
[image: image.png]

Which I confirmed by making a comment
(or by Ctrl+Alt+C):
[image: image.png]

and then seeing my name there now, when it was not before:

[image: image.png]

I have downloaded the file from the Drafts folder in NextCLoud, onto my
local machine, and changed the file name on my copy, which I will then put
into the Feedback folder when I am done.

However, to be honest, I have not yet placed my initials into the Guide
Stats CG spreadsheet, because I am a bit nervous that I am not doing
something correctly here, and I dont want to get ahead of myself.

So, as a noob, I am asking for some of your guys' first time experiences,
and am also wondering if I am going about this the right way so far.

DO you guys have safeguards in place, so I dont irreparably damage
anything?

Is there some critical mistake that anyone sees me making already?

Is there one piece of advice that you would travel back in time to tell
your younger self, which would have made your first time experience a lot
more enjoyable?

Is there anything that you can share with me that you wish someone would
have shared with you on your first time around?

Thanks for any advice you can give me. Im just trying to not get in
anybody's way, or make some kind of amateur mistake that will cause a
disruption to everyone else's productivity.