Comment inline:

On 8/4/20 12:37, Samantha Hamilton wrote:
Hi, Dan,

Great questions! I wanted to see if I could help, so here are my thoughts:

1) Due to inclusions of figures, etc., some of this chapter's sections 'fall' over several pages. I agree that perhaps having the page number /and/ the title link might not be necessary in most cases; however, the one example that stands out in my mind is "Creating a new chapter based on an existing chapter" which is page 7, but the specific step which is repeatedly referenced is step 5 on page 8.

Then "on page x" does serve a purpose, so this should be kept as is.

The problem part of what you wrote is in where the reader is taken when you control + click the a link. Both links will take the reader to page 7 not page 8. Furthermore, when right clicking either link and then selecting Edit Field from the context menu, a reference number is given among other things. These two links have the same reference number. The same thing is true for every sentence containing a link and the page it is found on. I really do not see a reason for the second link to be used unless it is changed to the actual location rather than to the heading above the actual location.

This raises another question. Why was the link to a heading instead of where the information is located?

Dan

2) I think this is a great question, because until now I never considered that the draft which I'm downloading still exists in the Drafts folder. Should there be a note in the Contributors' Guide to delete the Draft copy? Who would have the 'authority' to delete that copy?

I hope these points are helpful,
Best,
Sam.
  Samantha Hamilton