Hi Marcia,

My replies are in-line with the copy of your original message.

On 24/10/2020 03:52, marcia wilbur wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> I had Jean's document.

Sorry, I don't know which document that would be.

> What I need to know is whether the User Guide for each product is separate
> from this or not?

The "Getting Started with LibreOffice User Guide" is separate from the
user guides covering the individual modules of the software. Think of it
as an introductory overview of the whole LibreOffice software package.

The Getting started guide has an Introduction, 14 Chapters and 2 Appendices:
* Introduction
* Chapter 1 Introducing LibreOffice
* Chapter 2 Setting up LibreOffice
* Chapter 3 Using Styles and Templates
* Chapter 4 Getting Started with Writer
* Chapter 5 Getting Started with Calc
* Chapter 6 Getting Started with Impress
* Chapter 7 Getting Started with Draw
* Chapter 8 Getting Started with Base
* Chapter 9 Getting Started with Math
* Chapter 10 Printing, Exporting, Emailing and Signing Documents
* Chapter 11 Images and Graphics
* Chapter 12 Creating HTML Files
* Chapter 13 Getting Started with Macros
* Chapter 14 Customizing LibreOffice
* Appendix A Keyboard Shortcuts
* Appendix B Open Source, Open Standards, OpenDocument

> Do you reuse the Getting Started guide as the user guide for each product.

The user guides for each module go into much greater depth and technical
detail than can be covered in the "Getting Started" guide. Obviously,
there is some duplication of information, but the module guides are
developed separately with some occasional references back to the
"Getting Started" guide where appropriate.

> In that case, I would just take a pass at the Get Started Guide section for
> Writer.

Jean has already produced the first draft of chapter 4 and it is now in
the WIP folder:
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/JPAk9trnycXojyT

If you do choose to perform the first review of Chapter 4 please update
the guide status sheet:
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/9oxcjcKTjaNy2CW

If you should need any information about the new workflow, I have
updated Chapter 3 Using Docs Team Website of the "Contributors Guide".
A copy is available here:
https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/c44MMXpJeLsyBiA
The equivalent wiki page is here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/DocumentationTeamInfo/UsingAuthorsWebsite
Note: The information on that page is correct, but I still have some
wiki formatting to finish off.

> If you have a separate, more "Comprehensive" user guide... then, I would do a
> diff... also.
>
> Let me know.
> Thanks

Best Regards