Hi Rob,

I mentioned to you previously that the contributor guide documentation
is in a state of flux and what you currently read there should not be taken
as absolute fact.

At the docs team meeting on Oct 31st 2018 it was agreed that in future
screen captures for the guides would be taken from Windows 10. In fact I
offered to make the screen captures for any contributor who either
didn't have Windows 10, or wasn't able to make them. Unfortunately, this
was never adhered to and we continue to have an inconsistent variety of
captures. Maybe this would be the time to reach team consensus on this
issue and document it in the contributors guide.

For an number of different reasons the "Template Changer" extension has
pretty much been abandoned/ignored. Mainly because it is no longer being
developed/supported. While the extension still works perfectly for me,
others have reported that they have issues, possibly related to their
choice, There are 2 methods for applying a template to an existing document:
1. See "Associating a document with a different template" page 224 of
the 6.4 Writer Guide.
2. See "Creating and modifying styles" page 182 of the 6.4 Writer Guide.
The second option allows you to choose between a template stored in your
local templates, or from a file in a different location.
If you don't already have a copy of the 6.4 Writer Guide, download from:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/a/a4/WG64-WriterGuide.pdf

Regards
Dave