At first I was inclined to agree with Olivier about a new character format for
widgets. After doing a couple of tests, I think there should be rethink on this
new character format.

Reason being is simple. There is already a character format that uses
Liberation Mono as a font and that is Code. Yes, the Widget character format
could you use an italic version of Liberation Mono. In my opinion, the
difference is not enough to distinguish the Widget character format from Code
character format. Code text is always written in a mono spaced font and we
should keep with that thinking.

Character formats Strong Emphasis and Emphasis could easily be used fo user
interface text. I already use Strong Emphasis and Emphasis when naming the main
option and sub-option titles in a dialog, and the distinction is enough. In the
LO chapter template, Strong Emphasis is also used for dialog buttons.

Regards
Peter Schofield
Technical Writer, Document Foundation
psaut...@gmail.com