Hi Rob and Robert.

Thanks for passing on your thoughts.

There seem to be two issues here.

1. With regards to the figures throughout the Base Guide, any that I
   replace will be captured in a Windows environment. As often happens,
   the book will then contain figures from a mixture of environments
   but we can't do much about that in the short term.
2. With regards to the (text) instructions, then I will be working
   through the book following those instructions on my Windows
   computer. Where the instructions don't work on Windows, then I'll
   try and work out why there's a difference. If the answer is obvious
   then all well and good; if not, then I'll follow up with a mailing
   list question to seek guidance.

Regards,

Steve