Hi Steve
Yes please.
Kind regards
Olivier

Em 04/05/2022 20:07, Steve Fanning escreveu:
Hello all.

Olivier, would you like me to take assess these comments?

Regards,

Steve

On 04/05/2022 12:54, flywire wrote:
This is the first opportunity for feedback on the chapter -
BG7402-CreatingADatabase_SF_FW_04May2022.odt in WIP folder.

The revised chapter is well written and much easier to read with a lot of
good information. It's good to see it links the Getting Started Guide and
includes the SQLite database.

I'm most familiar with SQLite after working through it in detail to create
this section for the current guide so I've focused on it as an example.
Issues are noted in the comments and indicative text is given with tracked
changes. The intention is for discussion.

My overall view is the guide is too confusing for creating a simple SQLite
database. The SQLite process is fairly simple but it is confused by being
guided through a complicated install with links to many other places with
exceptions to follow. I'm very familiar with the process but I couldn't
keep track of the SQLite process using a pdf on a PC. Options should really be tested with a few typical users, especially the likes of SQLite which is
well down the list.

I suggest a summary after each heading where other parts of the guide are
referred to for the details. This would likely be enough for many users
leaving the references for additional guidance as required. The alternative
would be to start with creating the simplest database and work through to
the more complex.

The connecting with ODBC Initial preparation has two clearly separate parts
which, to make it easier to navigate, need to be split under headings for
Install ODBC Driver and Configure database ODBC connection. ODBC driver
installation is generally well done but configuring database ODBC
connection refers to installation instructions that don't exist and vary by
OS.

Regards

--
Olivier Hallot