In addition to Martyn's suggestions here's another one to add to his list
of things to check...
If your fuel is not being atomised efficiently it comes out of the carb as
fine droplets rather that a mist. The heavier droplets lose momentum
quicker and then get sucked into the first and closest cylinder.
This can be caused by
1- The needle spring is worn and the needle is not tracking smoothly up and
down the jet.
2- The float level is too high and the needle adjustment has been wound
down to compensate.
3- Worn needle or worn jet

regards
Rob