Word I heard was they lost some key staff to MT. Seems they lack backup people
with the quals and experience .

In their system the authorities have a name attached to them. As I understand
it the UK agent has the quals to do overhauls and I mean the whole nine yards
leading edge strip and all.

They are the only service Centre after Hoffmann so Hoffmann is currently
outsourcing service to the UK agent.

This is what I have heard. It makes sense as I know when Limbach changed hands
they continued getting Pete Salomon after he left the company to come in and
sign off their form 1 and form 2 certificates until they got someone else up to
speed and approved. That took many months to happen.

Like I said it seem the authorities apply to individuals as much as for
organizations.

I know of a club that ordered a new prop from east coast propellers in march
last year. They are still waiting.

This is I think going to be an ongoing problem with Hoffmann. They want to do
all servicing in their factory so we have a distance issue and crap service
life limitations.

I haven’t seen a timber wing depart a structure due to fatigue yet so what is
the issue. The requirements at overhaul are ridiculous in the inspection of the
timber blades.

Cheers.

Nige.

With a sore head getting radiated tomorrow.