As a public service to guitar players and their respective guitars on the
listserve, I can tell you with near certaintly that Slack Key is in an open
G tuning DGDGBD from low string to high. I've never tuned my axe beyond a
standard E tuning (EADGBE), but I imagine it would place an unhealthy stress
on most instruments, especially if left in that position for an extended
period of time.
The Brown Book does have it in a different tuning than this, but Pat and
John have both confirmed to me that open G is the way to go.
DW
----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: Somebody tells me!
> K,
>
> I have a music book called "The Doobie Brothers Complete". It's complete
> through "Fault Line". It has both notation and tablature for Slat Key. It
> calls for an open D tuning, DADF#AD, with a capo on the 4th fret. I find
it
> impossible to reach the frets using this tuning. Watching Pat and John
play
> it, I think they actually tune up to open F#. It's the only way you can
> reach the frets. I don't have the guts to tune my guitar up that high. I
> don't want that kind of stress on the neck.
>
> I saw a music book on eBay for the "Stampede" album. It should have it in
> there if you can get a copy of it.
>
> Scott
>
> _________________________
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> "unsubscribe doobiefans-list" in the body.
_________________________
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe doobiefans-list" in the body.