Gina,
Your letter title reminds me of one of my favorite "Tommy tunes"
"Small Time Talk".
Barry


>From: "gina dorman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Small Talk
>Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:51:21 -0500
>
>
>---scuze me if yall get this twice.  my work email seems to be 
>malfunctioning.
>--------- Forwarded Message ---------
>
>DATE: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:32:34
>From: "Dorman, Gina (CPS)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From:  Dorman, Gina (CPS)
>Sent:  Monday, April 24, 2000 12:38 PM
>To:    '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
>Subject:       Small Talk
>
>As usual, I have nothing to report as far as concert dates, Doobie trivia 
>or
>interesting facts.
>No memory flashbacks today either.  (I think I'm running out of reel to 
>reel
>film) Just some every-day life Doobie tales.
>Today the kids are off school and still on Easter break. I still had to 
>work
>today and what a rough day it has been.  I was thinking how soothing it
>would be to ride home listening to my Doobs CDs but, I have to pick 3 rawdy
>pre-teenage girls from Astroworld (an amusement park) on my way home from
>work tonite.  This means that I will have to hear bickering, rap, Soul
>Coughing and Tripping Daisies through 30 miles of rush-hour traffic.  If
>this isn't purgatory, I don't know what is. I can just see my 12 year old
>daughter's eyes flutter back behind her eyelids as she presses the eject
>button on the CD player with a Pepsi-coated index finger.  "oh mom, why 
>does
>it have to be ALL Doobies All the time?  I mean I like them but..."  Then
>she'll strain over her shoulder strap to whisper in my ear, "not in front 
>of
>my friends." Sometimes I feel old and uncool but I know I'm not.  If I am,
>then that means the Doobie Brothers are and that is not possible.   I'm 
>sure
>I am speaking for many of us.
>Just another short, sweet tale and then I'll shut up...yesterday, I
>volunteered nursery at church.  Sang Black Water to an adorable but fussy 5
>month old baby.  Though, I'm not a great singer, the song must have worked
>it's magic.  Pretty soon, Megan was smiling and stopped crying for a little
>while.  Her tiny hands gripping my index fingers, I waved them back and
>forth keeping time as I sang "take me by the hand hand take me by the hand
>pretty mama..."  1..2..3 everybody go  "aaawwwwww"
>Huggs,
>cinderella
>
>--------- End Forwarded Message ---------
>
>
>
>Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
>http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct
>_________________________
>To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
>"unsubscribe doobiefans-list" in the body.

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

_________________________
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe doobiefans-list" in the body.

Reply via email to