Yesterday afternoon a "once in a lifetime" opportunity was put up for
bid at the Fan Club Convention with the benefit going to the NVF. It was
a dream that I'm sure all of us of have wished for each time we see the
Doobie Brothers take the stage. A chance to sing "LISTEN TO THE MUSIC"
on stage in front of a sold out show, with all of our friends cheering
for us in the audience. Sound like a miracle? Sound too good to be true?
Wait until you hear what happened!

The bidding starts... (I have this all on video BTW and you are going to
absolutely die when you see what fun this convention was.) Details on
when and how to get the video will be announced in the next few days. So
the bidding starts at $300 and then quickly escalates to $1000! Keith
Knudsen can hardly believe it!

$1100, $1500! Keith says, "I'm in the wrong business!" Lori Seaman,
lifts her husband's arm and bids $1600! Rick Seaman shakes his head in
disbelief... $2000!!! Laurin asks for $2100... Lori does it again! They
are in for $2100. Nancy Leedy cheers them on...

The bidding climbs to $2500! $2600! $3000!!! Rick says I'm selling the
motor home and bids $3100! Then someone bids $3500! (Sorry, I can't tell
who that was) Rick bids $3600!!! Going once... Going TWICE...
SOOOOOOOLD!!!!! for THREE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!

Unbelievable!!! Hugs and tears are everywhere! What more can I say? How
about some pictures?

I smuggled my camera in and fought my way to the stage when Rick and
Lori were singing their hearts out. I pushed people out of my way and
got right to the front. I saw many upset stares but most people saw my
camera and let me pass. As I aimed my lens at the happy couple a
security guard lunged at me and said no pictures! I pointed at my badge
and said "Fan Club! Those are my friends on stage! Please?" He said no
way! I said not even one? He said NO! So I took a step back and started
firing off picture after picture. He couldn't stop me! Let him try and
throw me out, this was for my friends! So he saw my determination and
gave up. I snapped a full roll of film. Here's a couple with more to
follow when I have time to scan and post:


http://www.GearJammin.com/008_onstage_8_25_00.jpg

http://www.GearJammin.com/016_onstage_8_25_00.jpg

Rick
_________________________
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe doobiefans-list" in the body.

Reply via email to