--Ahhh, Glenda...the sobering 80's.  I remember small bits and pieces of what I
thought would be last Doobie Brothers concert I went to. Dressed in white designer
jeanie pants, a spangled tube top, earings so large they gave me a headache and hair
with enough mouse in it to withstand a hurricane, I somberly clapped and cheered and
sang along with the Doobies.  The 70's had left me chronologically-challenged but I
believe it was close to their farewell tour (80-81). They did play One Step Closer I
can tell ya that for sure. Pat had short hair and a pin-striped suit on and it was the
year I took my focus off him for the first time and onto the elegant Mr. McDonald. We
were all dancing on our folding chairs on the floor of what is now Compaq Center, home
of the Houston Rockets.  This is one concert I can honestly say I don't remember much
about, other than this 6' 2" blonde guy in front of me who crunched and literally
broke my right toe as I huddled up near the stage to get One !
tep Closer to the Doobies.  When I heard they broke up, I sort of said to myself, "oh
well, party's over anyway, I gotta go to college."
It would be nice to see a little clip of a Farewell concert on BTM.  I hope so too,
Glenda.  Thanks for stirring my memory.
Gina Cinderella Dorman

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 15:27:53
 glenda english wrote:
>Hey ya'll.
>
>It's a rainy day (about time) here in South Ga. and I was checking out the
>VH 1 site.  A new Behind the Music on "1981", the year I graduated from high
>school, will air this weekend.  The synopsis mentions ..."and 70's stalwarts
>like DOOBIE BROTHERS and the Eagles were breaking up..."  It mentions a few
>people they will interview, and adds "and more" so they just might talk to
>some of guys.  It might be worth checking out.
>
>Air times are Sunday, June 3 at 11 a.m., 9 p.m. and 11 p.m., all EST.
>Other air dates are also listed on their site.
>
>I'll be rockin' down the highway tonight with the Brothers as I travel from
>Douglas to Eastman and back.  Never a boring ride with the Doobies along.
>Bye.
>Glenda

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!