Hi Terry,

> What I don't understand is why my ISPs mail filters thought those five
> messages were s##m.  I couldn't see anything naughty in any of them.

It varies, but some spam spotters add extra headers to the email that
describe what tests they tried and what `scores' those tests obtained.
If the total score is larger than some threshold, it's spam.  If your
email client has some means of viewing the email you received with all
its headers, it may be worth looking through them for the erroneously
spam-tagged ones.  E.g.

    $ sed '/^$/q' mail/inbox/9604 | grep -i '^x-spam-'
    $

But yours may be different header names.

Cheers,

Ralph.

--
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/  irc://irc.blitzed.org:6667/dorset