On Wednesday 21 Oct 2009, Terry Coles wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 Oct 2009, Robert Bronsdon wrote:
> > I am currently trying the guide at
> > http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?pid=221727 . If I have any success
> > I will post back. Thought I'd point you this way just in case you wanted
> > to give it a go yourself.
>
> That looks as if it might do the trick.  I'll give it a go and report back
> (probably tomorrow).

This isn't as easy as it looks.  I've got the VM booting into the Xandros
Rescue Console and I've been able to mount the filesystem OK, but:

- The shell capability is really primitive (it's ash), so it's hard to find
where things are and there's no history or cut and paste capability AFAICT.

-  xorg.conf isn't in /usr/X11 as the reference says it should be.  (The X11
directory doesn't exist.)

- I can 'see' an xorg.conf if I do ls X* in /mnt-system/etc, but when I try to
edit it, vi says it's empty (or didn't exist, so it's created it of course).
However, when I do ls -la X*, I'm told that xorg.conf has 2613 chars.

How the hell can I get to edit xorg.conf?

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2009-11-03 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/