On 19/11/09 19:20, Terry Coles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My daughter has to do an assignment at Uni using a T-Test.  Although the Uni
> says that work can be submitted in Either MS or Open Office, they've only
> told
> her how to do it in Excel and she only has OpenOffice.
>
> Is there anyone out there who knows how to do this or knows how to find out?
> I never did statistics, so I have no idea what to look for.
>
> I found this:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_TTEST_function,
> but don't really know how to use it.  Ideally, she needs a step-by-step guide
> similar to the one provided by the Uni for Excel.

Terry, see this

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=25147

and specifically http://www.ooomacros.org/user.php

"This is a suite of macros to perform basic statistical analysis within
OpenOffice. These macros give OpenOffice Calc the functionality which
Analysis ToolPak gives Microsoft Excel, and many of these routines are
unavailable in Excel."

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk