Simon O'Riordan wrote:
> Thanks Andrew.
> My HP Mini detects extra drives at boot up and offers options by pressing
> F9.
> I would love to buy an external Optical Drive, but I'm doing this on a
> strict budget until I get a job!
> Regarding which, the HP Mini will be an extra tool in my arsenal.
Such drives may be available on Freecycle, at the local tip or from
someone on here who has spares getting in their way.
The USB to PATA & SATA adapter I have is a very useful device, one of
those things that now I have it I don't know how I lived without it. I'm
sure they aren't all that expensive, or not considering the use I have
had out of it. It allows connecting hard disks and CD drives without
opening a case, rebooting, or any of that sort of nonsense. :)
And I can connect the drives to a laptop.
The adapter combined with an old 'internal' CD drive (which you can also
get for free if you don't already have a spare, or borrow one from a
desktop PC) works well, for occasional use anyway.

--

Andrew.

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wednesday 2009-12-02 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/