On 03/12/09 22:06, Simon O'Riordan wrote:
> My new 9.10 netbook just gets better.
> Wireless connection is automatic after the first time.
> Printer? Just plug it in and it is ready to use.
> Networking? Sees every linux or windows computer straight away, and mixes
> wired/unwired networks effortlessly.
> Now I have one question:
> How can Microsoft have the absolute, brass-balled, GALL to charge money for
> their software? The only advantage it still has is the convenience it offers
> for writing software applicaitons through Visual Studio.
> Without Visual Studio, Microsoft is nothing.
> Simono
The only thing you need VS is for M$. Linux has far more better
development languages for free. USB devices really has been the turning
point for Linux. I didn't realise until a few weeks ago my Canon MP780
printer/scanner "just works" in scanner mode! The final missing link is
vendors like Canon porting their software to Linux and then there is no
need for Windows. XP really was the high point of M$ and it will take
less than 30 years for them to disappear.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk