> See You in February. There is no Printed manual for Ubuntu. Ask Your
> questions here, if you can't find them in the Forums or the Ubuntu Wiki
> Documentation.

The Official Ubuntu Book (Prentice Hall) is ok for newbies.

> eg. In Kubuntu 9.10, I used to have a printer, Laserjet 5M, but it now
> doesn't work, I have removed it and re-installed it, and checked all the
> connections,
>
> and get "There was an error during the CUPS operation:
> 'client-error-document-format-not-supported'." when I try to do a self
> test.
>
> Any body else had similar problems? I suspect one of the upgrades.
>
> Peter M.

Try :-
Uncomment application/octet-stream in /etc/cups/mime.types
and uncomment application/octet-stream in /etc/cups/mime.convs.

I notice F12 Cups config is different and no longer has these two files
in /etc/cups. Try `locate mime.types`. My cups and samba setup :-

http://discoverlinux.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk