On Sun, 2010-06-27 at 15:15 +0100, Simon O'Riordan wrote:
> My old mum is brilliant, but she just can't seem to use a mouse. Her
> favourite habit is to keep the button pressed while moving, followed
> closely my jerking the mouse all over the place while trying to click.
>
> Bless her, she just petrified by computers, because she thinks they
> never do the same thing twice.
>
> Obviously, she's got XP, and uses it so infrequently that Krap-spazki
> and update don't let her do anything for the first half hour and she
> gets discouraged.
>
> I'll go up and change it to Avira with XP or better still 10.04, but in
> the meantime does anybody know where I can get an external version of
> the Laptop Trackpad to replace her mouse, so she can point and shoot
> separately?
> Much obliged,
> Simono

Funny I was thinking about this sort of thing last night. One of my
students used to use a joystick instead of a mouse, and a disabled guy I
worked with used the BigTrack  trackball as shown at abilitynet.org.uk.

The document from abilitynet also shows other devices. One of teh
problems my M-in-L (89) has with a  scratchpad is leaving her fingers
resting on it, or tapping her fingers while thinking.

Peter

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-07-06 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413