Yesterday I came into this room and smelled something electrical
burning. I discovered that the smell was coming from my wireless USB
stick. This is permanently attached to my computer, and still 'alive'
even when the computer is powered down (not swithced off). As you are
aware, there are parts of the peripherals that still have power.

This is the second one to go in about a year. Luckily I have another,
but when I plugged thie new one in, I noticed that it is now wlan2
instead of wlan0.  I don't know why, but dmesg shows that it is
configured for DE.

Does the luggite that I bought the zyxel adapters from have any more?

Question: In looking through /etc for teh wireless configuration file, I
find lots of folders of things that don't exist anymore, such as folders
for two previous versions of firefox, and wpa_supplicant, etc. Can I
delete these?

Peter M.

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wednesday 2010-08-04 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413