On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 13:26 +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> > pet...@peterm-desktop:~$ lsusb
> > Bus 001 Device 005: ID 05e1:0408 Syntek Semiconductor Co., Ltd
>
> For this kind of thing I Google for the USB ID, the `05e1:0408'.  That's
> what other people will report when they're discussing it.
>
> This long Ubuntu thread may help.
>
>     http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=924504&page=11
>
> Especially #109.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph.
2-August-10 I have it sort of working thanks to this thread.
There was a test script included that I have modified to specify NTSC-M
encoding for the cameras. It was picking up the Pal format, perhaps due
to something in the system that specifies country. My device is
obviously an unbranded Easycap 4 channel unit, as it has the same ID.

So it works with one channel under Mplayer, but the authors of
Zoneminder haven't got it working yet. I also have to figure out how to
duplicate the easycap devices and assign them to four channels.

Thanks for all the help.

Peter

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wednesday 2010-08-04 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413