Be careful, be very very careful with this program. I installed the GUI
version of it.  I think I assumed that it would err on the side of
caution in operating, but it played havoc with my system. It blew away
Openoffice for a start. I have finally got that re-installed, but it
looks like a different version as there is an Oracle logo on it.

The other thing that it did was remove all my printers, and it looks
like the drivers are all tidied up and gone too. The printer
installation program cannot find any printers to allow me to select
mine. Can anyone suggest how I can get the drivers back. I am using an
ancient HP Laserjet5M Parallel.

Cheers all,

Peter M.

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413