Re: OpenOffice, I'm curious to know what will happen to it now that it's
been bought by Oracle. I've heard that it's going to be forked.  Anybody
knows about that?

See:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/28/openoffice_independence_from_oracle/

"Open sourcers have seized control of the OpenOffice project and product and declared their independence from database giant Oracle.

The OpenOffice.org Project has unveiled a major restructuring that separates itself from Oracle and that takes responsibility for OpenOffice away from a single company.

Oracle had been OpenOffice's principal contributor - a role it inherited thanks to its acquisition of the well meaning but slow-witted Sun Microsystems earlier this year."

--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00