On 05/11/10 21:53, StarLion wrote:

Since then, I've gone through two laptops and three tower PCs, using
Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Slackware, Wolvix, and then finally my current
favoured distro Arch.

I'm an Arch user too :)

I've broken systems more than once with my incessant experimenting
(like it's a rather bad idea to remove bash...), but on the other hand
through experimenting I've learned more than I ever have by just
reading the (don't)readmes, man pages and so on.

Sounds familiar! In my early days I used to have to do a clean re-install about once a month...

Welcome to the LUG.

--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00