On 27/11/10 14:03, Terry Coles wrote:
On Saturday 27 Nov 2010, John Carlyle-Clarke wrote:
On 27/11/10 13:41, Terry Coles wrote:
So.  Is a bash script the best approach, or is there a better way?  The
filenames are descriptive, but not consistent, so they don't really help.

Terry, doesn't Amarok have an option to sort everything into directories
by tag for you?  It used to...

If there is, I can't see it.  Amarok is very good at sorting tracks into
categories and displaying everything there is to know about them, but I can't
see anything that would provide an output function to create a hierarchical
file structure from track data in a single source directory.

I definitely recall it in the older version .. the 2.x series perhaps? This gives some clues:-

Of course, the feature may have been dropped from the KDE4 version.

--
Next meeting:  Somewhere quiet, Bournemouth, ???day 2010-12-?? 20:00