Done a silly thing and deleted several partitions on an old PC of my brother, now no boot sequence! PC used to dual boot WP/Ubuntu but they have not used Linux and WP has no elbow room so I removed the Linux partitions, expanded WP twice as large and used the remainder for their user data. All went fine until I rebooted; post OK then Error 22, I then realised why - I'd removed Grub with the Linux partition. Am looking back through past LXF mags as I remember something similar asked about, no luck so far. Hope to be at meeting tomorrow so will ask then, but any info would be useful so I can send it on to my brother. Don't know what file to look for in Windos for the boot programme.

Clive

--
Next meeting:  The Broadway, Bournemouth, Tuesday 2010-12-14 20:00