I was asked a question by my friend who is trying to install Linux on his new PC fitted with a 2 disk Raid array (SATA disks).

Is there a restriction on the number of partitions you can have within an 'extended' partition?

He is getting an error report when trying to make the '/Home' partition, along the lines of 'cannot make 17th partition'. Installation has produced the '/' and swap partitions but fails on /Home. (Linux is on the second disk)

Any ideas please.

I've suggested he joins DLUG and come to the next meeting!

--
Clive Wills

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2011-02-01 20:00